• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Washing Mowers?

Premo Services

LawnSite Bronze Member
I blow equipt off every day.I wash twice a week, same as my truck. Just love equiptment, truck to shine, makes for a professional image, plus makes me feel better about having to spend the whole day operating it

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Wow! Now I don't feel so bad mow! Everybody laughs at me because I keep my truck sparkling by dusting it off with a damp rag every morning. I have quite a reputation around here, and there is no other service (around here anyway) that even comes close to what my rig looks like. I want to load some pics into the computer as soon as I learn how to make them so I can send them out. People always ask how I do it when it comes to keeping it so clean, but I figure it's kind of like how the fireman always keep the firetrucks clean. It's just image, and yes, my work IS getting done.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
I clean my mowers about once a month. I try to clean my truck every 2 weeks. Inregards to only cleaning a cold motor, I wouldn't recommend it. I like my engines to be hot and running in case any water gets into electrical parts.

little green guy

LawnSite Senior Member
wash? what's that? no realy all i do is blow of the grass with a blower and thats about it. I wash and paint my equipment in the winter and thats about it. Whan the heck do you guys have time the wash eqipment? I barly have time to change the oil.

OP
E

Evan528

LawnSite Silver Member
I blow off all my equipment every day after use. about half way through the year i actually wash it all and then in the fall after i do all my final maintenance and im done with equipment for the year i detail every peice of equipment so for the following year it looks like new.

trimmer

LawnSite Senior Member
I hose my mower off abuot twice a week and actually wash it with soap and a sponge every two weeks I wash my truck every day most of the time when I get done for the day. I will wash before I ever go in the house our I probably would't do it.

Guido

LawnSite Silver Member
Simple Green works great on all that old grime. We let it sit on all our equipment for about 5-10 minutes and then hose down. If it can clean all our heavy equipment after playing in the mud all day, it'll work on the mowers no prob!! It really strips down the grease and grime if you let it do the work.<p>Hope this Helps!!<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti