1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Water District employees

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, May 6, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

We installed a neighborhood non-potable water system to 12 houses last month, while trenching (4" pipe doesn't plow well) we snagged a wire related to the potable water mains...The wire was about 5' from the water main locate.

The Water district guy came out, it was some sort of sensor wire for a flow switch. He was there about two hours.

We got a bill for almost a grand a few days ago.

Ripoff???? We called for locate, it was not located, so we shouldn't have to pay it right?

2. maintenanceguy

maintenanceguy LawnSite Member
    from NJ

If you called markout, you're off the hook. Call markout and tell them what happened.

3. SprinklerGuy

SprinklerGuy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry for hijack..

I got a bill once for $350 from the cable company for breaking the tv cable when we dug up a 3 inch pop up head for repairs!!!

I disputed the bill of course and the lady on the phone informed me I needed to call for a mark every time I dug in a yard....LOL!!!! I would never get any work done..can you imagine calling for a mark for ever service call every day of the year?

Make sure your marking company told you they would be sending someone to mark that particular company....yesterday when I called for a mark, the lady told me I needed to contact 2 different folks myself as they were not set up to mark for them......silly eh?