Lawn Care Forum banner

*****water on the jobsite*****

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  curtisfarmer 
#1 ·
Alright another question for you guys. Im getting ready to start job were we are moving all the dirt off of a previsously uncertifed pad then putting all the dirt back and recompacting. My question is i know water is a key ingredient for proper compaction. There is a graden hose near the site but I dont think it is enough. I have a 525g polytank laying around and im considering hooking up a gas honda water pump to it with a firehose and fog nozzle. Do you think this is over kill or will the garden hose suffice. Sorry for the dumb questions just want to make sure im prepared.

#3 ·
A lawn sprinker will do what you need you don't want mud or too much water or you end up washing the fines out of the gravel/dirt.

Add too much water then your waiting for half a day to let it dry up.

If you wanted to go to the extreme put the tank on the back of a truck make a gravity spray bar out of a piece of 3/4 inch pvc pipe.

Use anything that isn't going to create puddles.

#6 ·
it doesn't take much water to make it too soupy. Water is only for lubrication when compacting. You don't need too much. I watch our county guys use entirely too much water every time they build a road and they end up pumping the materials up and down and ruining their mix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.