Water transfer pump (preferably 12V)

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by mesquitekiller, Mar 17, 2019.

1. mesquitekiller

mesquitekiller LawnSite Member

Hello all!

I'm looking for a water transfer pump I can hook up to an ATV/UTV battery to use 3-4 times a day to transfer 40-50 gallons of water from a cattle pasture tank to a spray tank. I'm hoping to fill it in 10-15 minutes or so.

I've been self filling with 5 gallon buckets for a bit now and am ready to work smarter not harder!

As the water feature forum, I thought you guys might have encountered a situation where you need a transfer pump like my situation!

2. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

The options are endless for under a hundred bucks. Make sure the pump sits lower than the outlet to remedy primer problems.

zlandman likes this.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

MILLC and Mudly like this.
  4. Mudly

Thats awesome didn't even now such a thing existed. Before we got out of the fert game, we hard wired utility pumps on our tanks with 12/110 inverters. Worked great and quite. Still use them for pressure washing occasionally. Havnt sold em they come in handy.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I wasn't aware of it either, someone here on LS posted it up a few months ago and I saw it.

One of my guys wanted to wire up an inverter, 110 pump, etc, etc, etc. Ummm, no way, we'll give this a try first. We only have water in our tote, so it won't be transferring pesticides.

6. Mudly

Milwaukee had never disappointed me, lets not start now.

7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

8. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

An RV water pump would work fine. You can also get a pump to attach to drill motor with garden hose fittings for about $10

9. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I’d just buy a longer hose. I use a GPI pump, but I’m transferring diesel, not water lol