water transfer pump.what to buy?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Feb 16, 2001.

  1. ant

    ant LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,469

    i have a 30 gal. water storage tank in the bed of my truck that i use to mix my spray matt.in the past i was gravity filling my 8 gal sprayer from the storage tank.
    this year i am looking into a 12 volt transfer pump .
    my question is WHAT ONE TO BUY?
    NORTHERN sells a few.
    should i get a "on demand" type of pump
    what psi?
    how about seals?(santoprene or viton)
    thanks anthony
  2. Kent Lawns

    Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest
    Messages: 870

    Item #360-B231. $139.99

    12V 10GPM Transfer Pump. You don't need PSI for your application, just volume. That one is made for fuels, fuel oil, etc. Should work fine for herbicide.

Share This Page