Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried everything...it won't come off. I know, I know I should have used gloves. I have tried...mineral spirits, paint thinner, and all of that. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That what I have been doing...it just isn't helping me with doing estimates too well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
not positive it'll work for the waterfall foam but... I use crisco to get stuff like that off my hands. works AWESOME for tree sap and really sticky stuff. just make sure you have some dawn around when you use the crisco to get it off. rub the crisco in really well and for a few minutes also before using the dawn to get it off.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Use Acetone.

I got some of that "Great Stuff" Insulating expandy foam on my hand the other day, didn't have any acetone handy, and I've been wearing it like a second skin for the past few days...Finally starting to flake off :)

Anyways, Acetone cuts that stuff right off, I'd use watered down mix though.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it did help out more than anything else has. It got about half off....I will try a little bit more once this buzz wears off!

·
Registered
640 Posts
drsogr said:
Well it did help out more than anything else has. It got about half off....I will try a little bit more once this buzz wears off!
Well, I first thought of suggesting toluene, but there really can be a buzz with that! Acetone buzz?? - you must be a lightweight.

Feel like ruining a pair of cheap cloth gloves?? Put 'em on, saturate 'em with acetone, wait a couple of minutes, peel 'em off - the gunk should be removeable by then. Remember, it's only nail polish remover, and is skin-safe as long as you aren't swimming in the stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.