waterproof splices

Mike Leary

LawnSite Fanatic
we've discussed waterproof direct burial spices off and on, i have used similar products to this but looks like a good product at a reasonable price. ]
Pretty good looking stuff, though I would only use those or similiar (DBY/DBR) in splices when I was sure there would be no problems down the road. The King "Blue" is still my choice for valves.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt

LawnSite Silver Member
Spears Dri-Splice and a tube of the blue potting compound. Time consuming, and messy if you're a spaz but it's the only splice that we use. You're looks pretty interesting there Jim. Are those prices listed on the site the unit price or is that for multiple connectors?

DanaMac

LawnSite Fanatic
I guess I should make note, we use the Kings when in a valve box. BDY/DBR for direct burial, but I rarely do any direct burial. I try to put at least a 6" econo box around a repair.

OP
1idejim

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
Spears Dri-Splice and a tube of the blue potting compound. Time consuming, and messy if you're a spaz but it's the only splice that we use. You're looks pretty interesting there Jim. Are those prices listed on the site the unit price or is that for multiple connectors?
unit price and they're meant more for power rather than irrigation, i actually use kings or dby's in valve boxes and these for direct burial of low voltage splices
http://www.kinginnovation.com/products/irrigation-products/ace-connectors/ace-connector/ on multipe wires i use an additional larger shrink tube to encapsulate the other splices. makes for a killer connection but you may as well cut it out and start all over if you screw up. that can add up in a hurry. :hammerhead:

part of my intent for the search was finding a more reasonable source for direct burial splices when repairing damages or making taps on electrical supply lines.

the other reason for the search was due to this thread http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=368475 i think the op was taken to the cleaners by the ho's.

bcg

LawnSite Bronze Member
Jim, look at these - www.lightingshrink.com. Like the Ace connectors but crimped instead of the hex nut and the crimps are rated for 600V. They're less than the Ace also. I use them on low voltage lighting and have zero water intrusion when properly installed.