1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Wb or rider?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Technologies, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Just wondering if the new Hustler minis are compared to a Wb in weight and length when mowing 1/4 acre lawns?Are they to heavy and can you change directions ?

My brother has the viper , on most lawns its weight shows it self after a few mowings.

Thanks for the help.

2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both and have found that each has it advantage and use. I use the w/b for slopes and the z for open areas. Sometimes I use both on the same property. It just depends on the situation. I say if you can afford both, do it. It allows you to take on more of a variety of properties, IMHO. Good luck.

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

You're on the right Track. Just use a Hustler "WB" with bullrider zero turn velky. It will out turn a rider without divots, and in many cases offer more veristility. Remember, a WB with a velky is just like an "out front" rider only you stand. You can put the deck under shrubs and trim within 1 inch because you can "oversee" the deck. I'm not sure why so many guy's have forgotten a velky, but for smaller lawns they are faster than a rider, and imprint the lawn less.
    Pete

4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have a Lesco 48 Wb with a war charriot and i agree i can get under and mow close to the house and garden beds but standing all day and then walking the lawns (edge trim) really puts a strain on my legs ,they are in a lot of pain by the end of the day.

Anyone know what makes the new mini z diffrent from a reg. Z?