1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

wb or ztr main mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by racer56, Mar 9, 2007.

1. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Looking at Snapper mowers due to a dealer close to me. I need another 21 as mine is dead but looking to add a bigger mower as well. Th e 48 hydro wb and 500 series ztr are less than 50 bucks apart. 5000 out the door for the ztr with the dealer keeping the rebate, he said the 5k was a cash price I guess. All I have used for the last year while starting over was a commercial 21. With only enough money for one which should I get and why...
    Is 5k a good price and how does anyone like either. Typing on a pocket pc is a pain, my computer is dead as well. Looks like I'm going to be spending some money soon.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I am not farmiliar with snapper, but a ztr will save fatigue in summer. All we use is ztr's. Have a gravely 34z for the backyards. So I would go with the ztr. Many other uses as well. We have a little trailer to put sod/mulch/rocks... in as well and a w/b couldnt do that.

As far as the pocket pc. If its a hp they selll a foldable keypad that expands and is just like the keyboard of a computer. Best buy, and all the big places have them. If you use it alot its a great thing to have.

3. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a Stand on mower, they are priced right in the middle of a hydro WB or a Mid mount ZTR. I love stand ons, infact i want to get rid of my Zmaster and get another Wright Mower. GL
    -Jay