Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting rid of my deere 21"s and buying a walkbehind and sulky to trim with, and mow a small property. How well would this work out? What do you like about the models listed below? Does anybody know a price on any of these, my dealer is closed today?

Exmark:

TTHP 15/36 ECS
Viking 15/36 ECS
Metro 15/36 ECS
Metro 6/26

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I am looking at getting rid of my deere 21"s and buying a walkbehind and sulky to trim with, and mow a small property. How well would this work out? What do you like about the models listed below? Does anybody know a price on any of these, my dealer is closed today?

Exmark:

TTHP 15/36 ECS
Viking 15/36 ECS
Metro 15/36 ECS
Metro 6/26

Thanks,
The TTHP is in the $6K range, the viking should be a little less as it's a fixed deck. A metro (15/36) should be in the $3K range. I'm not sure what the metro 26 goes for I've never priced one. Hope this helps. On edit, you asked about a Velky as well, if you go with a Velky X2, I believe they are in the $300.00 range.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow 6K? Thats what LZHP 19/46's sell for here! The pricing insn't bad on the others, I see many people here running wb's, only one nursery here runs a wb. What is an advantage over a compact z?

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
I have an Exmark Viking, 36/16. There is no trim distance on the side. Mine is an older machine, but I doubt the new ones are any different in this regard. The out-to-out on the drive wheels is about 35 1/2". In other words, the edge of the deck is in line with the outer edge of the drive wheels.

If you want something with a trim edge, you need to consider a deck much wider than the out-to-out dimension of the wheels.

The entire question seems a little strange. I use a 21" hand mower for trim, used in conjunction with my 36/15. Why would you consider a 36/15 as a trim mower? Or, are you really needing a machine that will fit through small gates?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My productivity is down alittle. I have one 40" gate, and really want to wait an add a second walker next march or so, just a cheap quick fix for now. I like my 21"s but they're pretty slow. I am using these machines in high end residential lawns so they're not real small.

Thanks,

·
Banned
430 Posts
what about a Wright stander 32" or 36" u can stand and go faster plus small foot print!

by the way u must hate ur walker the lettering is sooo bright u can't read a dang thing!!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
The $6K is steep and at the time I bought my Phazer my dealer had the Phazer and a 36" TTHP for the same price. I wound up paying $5,086.94 w/tax for my Phazer, it would have cost me more for a TTHP by the time I added the proper Velky for it plus a catcher. If all your going to use it for is a back up or a gate mower I'd look into a Metro 36", check with your dealer and see if he has any new leftover mowers you may wind up getting it cheaper being it's "old stock".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.