• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

we tweaked our T3000's

americanlawn

LawnSite Fanatic
First of all, I'd like to dismiss the "myth" who ever said TURFCO is "hungry for business". :confused:
That's crap, and most know it. TURFCO has had (and still has) very strong sales in the USA and abroad >>> this means Europe, and other Continents. No other ride-on manufacturer can match this. In fact, TURFCO sales are stronger than ever. :usflag::canadaflag:

Now for the T3000. Heard critics say they "corrode" cuz they were not 100%"stainless steel". Sounds logical. PROBLEM IS:
Our company is going on its 3rd year running T3000's. So far.......NO CORROSION ON ANY PART WHATSOEVER. Sorry. ....:laugh::laugh:

Regarding tweaking out T's, We like our ideas:

switched to a yellow trim nozzle
switched from the Spyker impeller to a LESCO impeller
switched from the original spray wand to an aluminum wand

The above 3 "tips" are our personal preferences only. They may not be recommended by TURFCO. (so far)

Thanks, L, C, M, B -- All 4 of us are experienced users of T3000's (as well as "other units") :usflag::canadaflag:

a plus bob

LawnSite Bronze Member
I hope you have a good year Larry. I think the days of pulling hose is almost over !

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
dont forget the boom, i know it is not a tweak, but still a good addition right?

rcreech

Sponsor
First of all, I'd like to dismiss the "myth" who ever said TURFCO is "hungry for business". :confused:
That's crap, and most know it.
I was talking about their ride-on Larry...not their overall business!

I know a lot more then you know about several T-3000 users that are not at all satisfied...and I could post it on here...but I choose not to!

I talked to one of them personally!!!!

There are two sides to EVERY story...so you can paint a great picture of the T-3000 but all machines have their issues!

Everytime we turn around all you and TURFCO does is push their machines.

Just like starting a post like this and rarely does any other supplier do this!

I think TURFCO has awesome equipment, just think they would do anything to sell a ride on machine! :)

Last edited:

carneylawn

LawnSite Member
So, would you all mind not saying anything bad about the t3000? A new one is being shipped to us this week. I am worried enough about the purchase.

Seriously, I almost bought a z, and received helpful info on this site. The guys at z-spray were also very helpful. The one overriding reason I went with the t3000 was the hope that it would be better on hills without a lot of experience. I would be interested in what other owners feel about their machines. Both good and bad.

I will be transporting in a sprinter van, thanking about a carrier, but worried a little about weight on the receiver.

I was initially concerned about spraying wp out of the units, but have decided to go with pre on dry fertilizer. Trying to keep things simple.

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
I will be transporting in a sprinter van, thanking about a carrier, but worried a little about weight on the receiver.
We built our own ride on carrier for PG. We used 2 recievers for better balance. I think it will hold a T3000 when we get one.

a plus bob

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think that brings the T3000 number to about 4-5 on here for members.Some have more than one machine but I am talking companys that use them that are members.Is this number correct ?

carneylawn

LawnSite Member
Young Bros ,

Did you just weld the additional receiver onto the hitch framework? I am somewhat concerned because the hitch says only 600 lb. tongue weight. I may not bother with the carrier since I have over six feet of clearance overhead in the van.