• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

we will beat any bid offer

dcondon

LawnSite Silver Member
I would say it's a real quick to go out of business. That's not very professional or profitable.:hammerhead:

GreenN'Clean

LawnSite Bronze Member
No!!!!! You will have the reputation as the cheap guy and everyone will want everything done for next to nothing and if you try to raise the price they will complain and drop you for the next cheaper guy....

OP
bohiaa

bohiaa

LawnSite Fanatic
ok thx. I bid on an appartment complex and I really want it... I was thinking about writting them a letter stating that we will match or beat any written offer.....

nobagger

LawnSite Gold Member
ok thx. I bid on an appartment complex and I really want it... I was thinking about writting them a letter stating that we will match or beat any written offer.....
bohiaa, I actually tried this years ago against all of the negative responses I got in here. Well all I can tell you is THEY WERE RIGHT! It scared away customer's I think,lol. I have learned throughout the years its not just the service you are selling, its you, your company etc. So my advise, bid it to get it but without the "beat any price" thing. Plus a lot of companies and customers dont want to be bothered calling you back asking you to go over the bid again so you can try to beat the price.

Uranus

LawnSite Bronze Member
:nono: You've been here for over a year and a half now. So why ask a newbie question?

But to answer your question, HELL NO!:nono:

OP
bohiaa

bohiaa

LawnSite Fanatic
Tes I have however I moved and started a co here in new location and this bid is the 1st time I ever bidded on anything that big before. and I kind of want it.... and after a few days I thought my bid was a little high...

But I hear what yall are saying.....

Thanks everyone