Sun
Aug 10 Scattered T-Storms 81°/65° 30 %
Mon
Aug 11 Scattered T-Storms 81°/64° 30 %
Tue
Aug 12 Scattered Showers 83°/64° 30 %
Wed
Aug 13 Partly Cloudy 82°/62° 10 %

That's the forecast all the way thru to practically the middle of the month from weather.com Oh boy.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
if there is one person in Michigan that we don't listen to it's the weather man. Once that weather comes across the lakes anything can happen.

Who knows that weather could change for you...hopefully.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Today on the news they were comparing our weather with Florida and the Carribean. The humidity is about the same up here in Ma ! Dew point of 72 I think.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by awm
thats one cute little [boy girl]:)
that will make it worth it to stand this heat an such. just knowing u got that,, waitin for u to get home. :)
Ain't that the truth. That's my little 3.5 yo girl :) Every thing I do is all about my little ones. I have an 8 yo little lady too!

·
Registered
323 Posts
You guys should be thankful for what you have. Its very arid here. I'm going 20 days on alot of lawns, even then I feel guilty of just making tracks.

·
Banned
726 Posts
Dang, sounds like a bunch of air-headed news-women complaining about the rain. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t central NJ suffering from a major drought last year? Lots of guys all over the west, from Texas to North Dakota and beyond have nothing to cut, just blond-brown dead grass. I don’t hear them whining. If someone doesn't like rain, move.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Originally posted by tiedeman
if there is one person in Michigan that we don't listen to it's the weather man. Once that weather comes across the lakes anything can happen.

Who knows that weather could change for you...hopefully.
True that! Our "New and improved" doppler radar here changes names with channels. If you're watching channel 2, its "Doppler Radar 2000", channel 4, "Doppler Radar 4000", Channel 7, "Doppler Radar 7000" . Not to mention the big time weather guy on channel 7, Jerry Hodak, NEVER gets the weather right. Its like the south, just put storms on every day, and makethe temperature a little different for every day, so it sounds like they worked really hard to figure it out. I just look at the radar online and do my own forecasting. Works 100% better than TV's.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Bluesteel
Dang, sounds like a bunch of air-headed news-women complaining about the rain. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t central NJ suffering from a major drought last year? Lots of guys all over the west, from Texas to North Dakota and beyond have nothing to cut, just blond-brown dead grass. I don’t hear them whining. If someone doesn't like rain, move.
Hey Blue,
Moving wouldn't help as the weather changes every year. And you're absolutly right. Last year was the drought and everyone *****ed. Now it's the constant rain and we all complain. All I'm saying is that so far in NJ for August, we got like over 6 inches of rain and it's only the first week. <G> We're getting 2-3 inches at a clip, all within I'd say a 2 to 3 hour time period of a storm. Some days the deluge of rain has been absolutly nuts.. And it's not even really windy or damaging. It's like someone just emptied a 25 gallon bucket over your head cause it's raining so hard..

I'm just saying that the weather forecast, as originally posted, showing 10 days of constant steady severe thunderstorms is unusual for New Jersey.. Maybe not for Florida, cause they get a storm every day for 15 minutes at 3:30.. But in NJ, that's a WEIRD forecast to get. That's all.

I'm sure the rain will stop and the lawns will turn brown very quickly.. And then we'll be right into fall cleanups soon enough. <G>

Gary

·
Banned
4,203 Posts
I like the rain,Gives me LOTS of grass to cut.Hmmmm.....
Oh ya,thats right I make money cutting that green fibrous stuff
around peoples houses.Sure beats the panties off of last years weather!:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.