1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

weather is perfect for mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Apr 11, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone working some long days taking advantage of this great weather in the northeast????

2. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Sorry to say you are not really in the NE. I'm in the NE, and the weather is nice but the grass ain't ready.... but we sure are! :headphones:

Hillndale

3. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass is starting to green up here, still working on spring clean-ups. Yesterday and today were real nice. Worked until 2 pm on Saturday in the cold rain, not pleasant:cry:

4. lawnboyri1

lawnboyri1 LawnSite Member

Working sun up to sun down 6 days a week in RI.

5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

We are having 70's & 80's and adequate rain. The grass down here is VERY healthy. :usflag:

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

First two mows this week, these are fast growers but im happy im going to get to mow!! Weather is great!

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

do you live next to a nuclear power plant? Grass shouldn't be cuttable in NH just yet, unless they're long from last year? We're still at least 2 weeks from cutting here in CT (zone 6b)

8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I wish I could say the same for the southwest...here in dustbowl oklahoma, we're expecting temps in the 90's, gusts up to 40mph....and we have a wild fire warning....looks like our drought is going to continue for some time..

9. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Its dry here in KC but not to bad. 90 today. I got sunburned yesterday...