• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Weather Sites

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have tried DTN both web service and through the dish and it was worthless. the radar was nice, but the forcast was awefull.<br>In the winter I need real good forcasts, I have switched to a company from Mass called All weather service. They tote a 88% acuracy rating as opposed to about 30% for NWS and fax updates every 6 hrs and more often during storms.<br>Its not cheap, about 300 per month, but it is worth every dime.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
I use sunrise method, also check radar loop on intellicast, otherwise whats the diff, it rains go home, it stops go back out.<p>Bill

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Very soon we can expect to begin getting radar inages directly from NWS because all of the contracts with the commercial providers for radar images will expire and the NWS will be releasing these images to the public themselves. This should mean that the present commercial providers (The Weather Channel, Unisys, Accuweather, Intellicast etc.) will be upgrading the product that they provide to the public for free. At present I think the only decent images are provided by Intellicast and the resolution could be better on the images that they provide.