1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Weathermatic Proline

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Sprinkus, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Hope it's not a site with a lot of conc to blow through, those TRCs are crap on out-of-line-of-site jobs. :hammerhead:

2. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I know you keep saying that but I haven't had any problems with mine on sites up to about 5 acres. I don't have any bigger than that so it works well for me.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You're right; on larger sites, most install jerks/designers don't know how to test for antenna coverage, though I cover mega sites with the RM and blow through some heavy metal.

4. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Silver Member

Yes but at least on the ESP-LX and ESP-LXM they have dual sided terminal strips so you could put your field wire in one side and your remote pigtail wire onthe other side. I actually like that setup because then you're not having to unscrew a bunch of screws and wrapping the pigtail wire around the field wire... much faster IMO.

5. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

My main thing with screw terminals is it makes it much easier to use your multimeter. Putting pigtails in those speaker clips are not that bad on the ESP-LX

6. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I used to maintain a site with 11 System Link controllers. The faceplates had a bad habit of failing along with the solder joints on the terminal strips.
    The software was OK. I was able to drive around the site with a laptop in my truck ,along with a trunking radio, and activate zones as needed.