1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Web Sites

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WeedWhacker69, Jun 19, 2001.

1. WeedWhacker69

WeedWhacker69 LawnSite Member

Was wanting to check out other lawn care service web sites so I can get some better ideals for mine. Could you please tell me your web site addy so I can get some ideals. Also was wondering how much you paid if you have a "dot.com" domain? I currently have my site through Homestead and it's a decent site for building it myself for the first time but it needs help plus a much shorter address. Please check mine out and let me know what you guys think. Thanks for the info and advice.

http://moyerlawncare.homestead.com/moyers.html

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

www.lonestarlawns.com

$19.95 for domain registration for a year...I think like $10 per month for hosting.

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I use 000domains.com for registeration. $13.95 per year

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

for providers i reccamend webstrike, been hearing a lot of good things lately. for websites click on everybodys little red houses on posts, or if they list a website on there signature check it out, enough of us have pages to give plenty of ideas.

5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

uhhh...there isn't any red houses anymore...LOL

6. jjfehr

jjfehr LawnSite Member

<b>weedwhacker69</b>
    I don't want to be to critical of spelling on this board, but, on your web site there shouldn't be any errors! You have a few that really stuck out in the body of your home page, and at least one more on the page that you sign up for your newsletter. I'm not being a jerk, just trying to help you out.

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

oops :)))))

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

jjfehr, I just noticed the same thing, I found 7 spelling mistakes on the main information he had written. I agree that the spelling should be correct. I'm not the greatest speller either, so I rely on spell checker a lot. :)

I use 000domain too, it is $13.50 a year Chuck. I just renewed last night for 2 years, $27.00. :)

You can click on Website below members posts to see their site. There have been a few threads on Websites too, you could do a search on.

Here is the one I was talking about and it has over 5 pages of posts on it.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=7435

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

www.unionturf.com

Cost $15.00 to register it and is at Thinkhost for $10-15 a month, each additional web is 1.00 a month.

10. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Yes, I highly recommend ThinkHost.com !

You can link to them from my affiliate link.. http://www.lawnhost.com

Chuck Keough