1. Ask the Expert: Fertilization Strategies for Success: Dec. 12, 2017
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: Dec. 12, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Weed control program (Dallas, Tx area)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by landcruiser, Mar 23, 2002.

  1. landcruiser

    landcruiser LawnSite Member
    from Tx
    Messages: 134

    I live in Dallas area and need advice on getting control of weeds in my yard. The yard is 17 years old (established well) with 95% Bermuda grass, the other 5% is St. Augustine under 2 live oak trees. I have some crabgrass, and probably 6-8 different kinds of broadleaf weeds, none of which are "dominating" any part of the yard. All these weeds and pesty grasses, although not heavy, are growning consistent in with my Bermuda grass. I applied a HI-Yield crabgrass and broadleaf weed control (bought at ACE hardware) in early Feb. Will this do the trick? If not what will? Should my first application of fert. be some type of "weed and feed"? After that, for my regular fert. is the Texas Lawn Fert. sold at Home Depot good for general fert. throughout the summer season? Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. 1grnlwn

    1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,261

    Hire a licensed applicator to do a year long program. He will analyse your situation and recomend the proper treatments. Good luck


Share This Page