Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand of Weed Control do you suggest? I have heard good things of Scotts with + 2 weed control, but it is expensive. I have also read you are not supposed to feed (fertilize) except in Sept, Oct. and Nov in my area so a weed and feed in early spring would not fit this bill. I want a good weed control to put on Tall Fescue with out a feed additive.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Knukey said:
What brand of Weed Control do you suggest? I have heard good things of Scotts with + 2 weed control, but it is expensive. I have also read you are not supposed to feed (fertilize) except in Sept, Oct. and Nov in my area so a weed and feed in early spring would not fit this bill. I want a good weed control to put on Tall Fescue with out a feed additive.
Please clarify something. Are you looking to control weeds in a tall fescue lawn?

Or are you looking to control tall fescue?

Do you know what weeds you are trying to control?

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Depending on how much weed cover you have you have two options...

#1 - Roundup the whole property and reseed come Sept.

#2 - Use Momentum or Eliminate and MSMA 3 weeks before you want to seed. Then reseed after 3 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.