Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good, if any, herbicide to rid mondo grass and liriope of henbit. It's really bad. Don't want to remove and replace the plants if I don't have to as it would be rather costly. Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have you ever tried to kill liriope with Roundup? I have and it's pretty darn hard to do. I'm sure the label won't tell you this but a low rate of Roundup will work, I have never tried it on mondo but I would'nt think there would be a difference. I used 1 and 1/2 oz. per gal.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Am not familiar with southern problems, but do not sell the Roundup possibility to the customer. I know of situations that I can use roundup to clean grass out of other ground covers, but always sell it as a total kill, and replace the groundcover. Then when the groundcover survives, the customer is pleased with the much reduced cost. To sell a Roundup treatment as a selective control is against label directions, therefore is illegal.

Since henbit is an annual, it would be most functional to find a preemergent you could use, and apply in a timely manner in the future, so post-emerg control is not needed.

----------
Jim
North central Indiana

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ranger. By the way, were you or one of your people here in Charlotte for a class in the last few days? I have seen that name somewhere in the last few days. Have a good one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.