Weed Eating Appearel

sglawn

LawnSite Member
hey,
I have seen some shinguard looking things for guys who wear shorts when they mow, and you can put on these shinguards when you are weed eating to portect your legs, but maily just to stay a little cleaner. If anyone knows what company makes them or sells them, or even knows where i can get any, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Zach

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
shinguards? chaps? is this ballet, or grasscutting? cmon man, i can weedwack at full throttle wearing nothing but socks and underwear(and glasses of course).

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
I wear the chaps for trimming, not so much to stop all the knicking, cutting and bruising on my legs (although it IS nice), but because it stops all the grass from going down into my boots, and when I get done at the end of the day, my socks (and boots) aren't all green. These are very helpful, and worth every penny.

CNE

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by bobbygedd
shinguards? chaps? is this ballet, or grasscutting? cmon man, i can weedwack at full throttle wearing nothing but socks and underwear(and glasses of course).

He says grinning through his three remaining teeth with blood running down his legs from the shrapnel lodged in his shins. No seriously, anyone mowing or trimming in shorts is asking for trouble. Not only is it hazardous, but your legs will get plastered with grass juice and clippings. Think about how that looks to your next client. I wear jeans. When the grass dries, most of it brushes right off.

ElephantNest

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well, down here it's like this:

Wear jeans or pants in the middle of summer, good luck getting a full day in. It's not going to happen. 100+ with 98% humidity, in the shade.

Shorts or nothing. My legs have taken the abuse for years and years, don't feel a thing any more. I get home and I'm a bit bloody, and knicked, but who cares? I made it through a whole day without passing out in a client's yard.

How does this look to my next client? Like I'm sane. They know how hot it is.

Shorts and no trimmer guard = production.

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
NO TRIMMER GUARD? my man got a set of nuts. i have to draw the line somewhere. i need the guard.

Top Forums