1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Weed eating job.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ohbuckhunter, Aug 27, 2013.

1. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Anyone else notice the figure 8 track on the property?

2. ohbuckhunter

ohbuckhunter LawnSite Member

I do listen. And I came on here to ask ? Before I made the mistake of underbidding. I appreciate you giving me the prices you gave me. I get 60$ a hour for mowing. You are right on charging more for just running a trimmer all day. Thank you.

3. ohbuckhunter

Some of the sections has briers. Some of its 2 foot grass. Some of its thick weeds.

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

4-6 hours..... not to hijack the thread but how do some of you guys get $60 to $90 for a labor rate :confused:

5. ohbuckhunter

I've always got 60$ a hour when I bid jobs. I don't tell them what my hourly rate is but that's what I use when figuring a job. I'm a solo guy with a helper on occasions. If I need a helper than I charge ocordinally

6. Ormond32176

Ormond32176 LawnSite Member

Get someone who isn't afraid of a little hard work to help you out cheap, you'll get it done in no time.

7. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I meant straight labor, a guy with a hand/power tool. Our 50k MTL bills out at $80-$110 with operator and that is at the high end of the market. If I bid on a job (shoveling, weeding or trimming) and figured it at $60-$90 per hour, and told them the price was high because the job was labor intensive, I'd be out of business pretty quick.

8. ohbuckhunter

I put the bid in at 325$. I felt I could get it done in 3 hours. With 2 guys with the equipment I have to use.

9. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

You're welcome. I just would have for you to do so much work and only get paid a portion of what you can really make.

10. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

What part of ohio