Weed ID help requested

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kemco, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Markusinky

Markusinky LawnSite Member

It's in there not the best pic though. Have some of that weed in my back yard

sjessen likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

I’m not finding it there. Started to think it might be some genus of knotweed but didn’t find anything with leaf blades this long. Still looking.

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

There was another thread in the last week or two looking for an id on a weed similar, if not identical, to this one.

Doc8406 likes this.
  4. Markusinky

Markusinky LawnSite Member

Pdf pg9 next to dandelion Dallas grass

5. OP
    OP
    kemco

Additional info. The piece has been in my hot truck for a day so doesn’t look like much now but it does have very prominent hair like projections, many of them, around the ligule these are about 1/16 of an inch and there are many extending about a quarter inch down the opposite side of the sheath.

6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Has there ever been a seed head? If not, I doubt that it is dallis grass. The stuff here shoots seed heads in less than a week.

Doc8406 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    kemco

IMO not Dallis or dallasgrass. No clump formation. None of the typical “black ant” seed heads. Completely prostrate growth in some of them running along a single stolen that’s 2 ft long lying flat on the ground. I could be wrong. At least not the dallisgrass we normally run across. This is an every other week cut and this weed has never last year or this year put up a seed head stalk. In any other every 2 week cut the dallisgrass head will be standing 2 ft tall with clumping upward growing tillers.

That Guy Gary, Doc8406 and sjessen like this.
  8. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

Did the stolon have roots at the nodes?

9. OP
    OP
    kemco

^ no it did not

10. walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

Try acclaim it kills a bigger variety of unwanted grasses than quin.