1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Weed ID Please

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by jtruck618, Jul 3, 2014.

1. jtruck618

jtruck618 LawnSite Member

I need help identifying this weed please. It is taking this yard over. Very light, almost lime green colored. Some kind of crabgrass? Not the color of any crabgrass I have seen before. What are my options for spray? Quincet? They want it gone now. Thanks![​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. jtruck618

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

3. trfmstr

trfmstr LawnSite Member
    from AR

Yellow nut grass

4. jtruck618

This doesn't seem to grow tall and straight like nut grass. No seed head either. Hopefully Q4 will take care of it.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like crabgrass to me. Crabgrass grows a bit taller when it has to compete with fairly tall turfgrass--its lower growing when it comes up in a thin lawn or bare soil.
    Try quinclorac--its working in my neighborhood. I should have photos of my quinclorac (Drive 75w) test in a few days.
    In September the seed heads and leaves turn a purplish-burgundy color.

6. ChiTownAmateur

ChiTownAmateur LawnSite Senior Member

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Definitely not a sedge. It's a grass for sure. Wondering when this grass showed up, cuz this will tell whether it's crabgrass or not.

8. fiber_tek

fiber_tek LawnSite Member

Quack grass. If you can apply glyphosate with a sponge then you can kill it. Otherwise kill everything and reseed.
    Posted via Mobile Device