Weed ID

erhager

LawnSite Member
Hey everyone, I have a few pics here. Tell me what you think. These are in bermudagrass lawn and the homeowner would like to know what they are and how to treat. Thanks

Nikon Pics 687.jpg

Nikon Pics 685.jpg

Nikon Pics 683.jpg

countryclublawnllc

LawnSite Member
Looks like some early growth of wild carrot. Hard to tell leaf arrangement of opposite or alternate from that close up though. Especially without my reading glasses!

John

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
I would like to know as well. The weed in the 3rd pic is the one I am referring to.
It is about the only one I see weeks after my R-1 pre/post. Obviously my post mix of 3-way/simazine doesn't phase it. However, Metsulfuron/MSO knocks it out.
If left untreated, the stem will eventually harden off and become woody. At that point it is more difficult to control.
I have looked at PBI Gordon's "Weed Alert" website in the past and not found it...so I am interested in knowing as well...just out of curiosity

agrostis

LawnSite Gold Member
Is the branching opposite or alternate ? Do you have picture's of or can you describe the flower ? It look's like there are remnant's of flower's in the pic but i'm not sure.

OP
E

erhager

LawnSite Member
I believe the leaves are opposite. Also what is that grassy weed. I havent got to see a seed head because he cuts it before I get over to look. I was thinking dallisgrass, dont think it is goosegrass because it doesn't spread out or lay out from the center in a rosette.