Weed ID

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 1337david, Apr 21, 2018.

1. 1337david

1337david LawnSite Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  2. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Senior Member

Your gly rate is way too low for any kill. Are you using it for PGR? How long ago was it sprayed? 3 way can take multiple apps on many broadleafs. What rate of 3 way and what ingredients?

3. 1337david

Typical trimec 998 style 3 way with Li 700 at .5% and the gly. I could have used more for release but was a bit worried because of the lable saying

"Actively Growing Bermudagrass: This product may be used to control or partially control many annual and perennial weeds for effective release of actively growing bermudagrass. DO NOT apply more than 16 fluid ounces of this product per acre in highly maintained turfgrass areas" with other parts of the label saying to use 8-64 oz per acre so I figured 8 oz was a safe bet. Typically I use 48 oz while it's dormant but this customer was late to the party and didn't want to pay extra for more specific chemicals so I used max rate (2 q) of 3 way and the lowest rate of actively growing bermuda (was greening up quite a bit). This was about 6 weeks ago, around first of march.

This treatment worked quite well and kill 99% of the weeds. I know I can go spray it again easily, I just want to know exactly what it is out of my own curiosity and growth as an applicator.

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Fanatic

Queen Anne's Lace aka Wild Carrot

Wye Oak Tree likes this.
  5. 1337david

Yeah, that's what I figured, my weed just seemed to have broader leaf lobes than carrot but maybe it was just more mature or something. Thank you.

6. TiggerRI

TiggerRI LawnSite Member

Anyone ID this clump?

43BEBC78-CF52-42F5-84A8-4BBBFD17AF88.jpeg

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Wild garlic is a possibility. Stems are round like an onion plant. Bulbs underneath. Aromatic odor. Common at the time of the first or second mowing.