weed killer only works sometimes. .??

icemanrrc

LawnSite Member
I’m using Glyphosate 41% mixed 2-3 oz per gallon for bed weed control and wood line. Sometimes it kills the weeds, and sometimes it’s like I didn’t spray them at all. I don’t understand why it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t. I mix it the same way, pour the Glyphosate in the pump sprayer and fill with water to the line. I’ve tried using a surfactant with no difference. Any ideas??? Here’s the stuff I’m using. It has tons of great reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ARKS3XO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
Wow! Thanks for the friendly help!
He's right. This isn't in the homeowner section so it is safe to assume you're not a homeowner. Don't spray unless you're educated on the products and have a license.

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
It is a valid question as to why the product didn't provide consistent results. 80% of over 3,000 reviews gave it either 4 or 5 stars.

Are you sure you mixed it properly for each application? Were you spraying different weeds each time? Did it rain shortly after an application? Were the weeds actively growing? Did you add a dye to see where you sprayed?

CHARLES CUE

LawnSite Gold Member
i agree with the guys above but on the other side, 2oz seems a little light how long do you spay weeds if your not killing those weeds you need to learn to calibrate your sprayer

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Also you have to look at shelf life, how long has it been sitting before you get it. If you are a home owner, add a little weed be gone to it and a dash of dish soap.