weed killer only works sometimes. .??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by icemanrrc, Nov 29, 2019.

1. icemanrrc

icemanrrc LawnSite Member

I’m using Glyphosate 41% mixed 2-3 oz per gallon for bed weed control and wood line. Sometimes it kills the weeds, and sometimes it’s like I didn’t spray them at all. I don’t understand why it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t. I mix it the same way, pour the Glyphosate in the pump sprayer and fill with water to the line. I’ve tried using a surfactant with no difference. Any ideas??? Here’s the stuff I’m using. It has tons of great reviews.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ARKS3XO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Senior Member

I can only guess by the wording and look of your post you have no idea what your doing and what (weed) your spraying. So my advise is to hand weed anything you come in contact with. It people like you that give legitimate company’s a bad name.

zlandman, Cam15, ArTurf and 2 others like this.
  3. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Did you read the one star reviews on Amazon for this stuff? They say what you say.

4. OP
    OP
    icemanrrc

icemanrrc LawnSite Member

Wow! Thanks for the friendly help!

5. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

He's right. This isn't in the homeowner section so it is safe to assume you're not a homeowner. Don't spray unless you're educated on the products and have a license.

Grayson Tree and Shrub and Cam15 like this.
  6. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

It is a valid question as to why the product didn't provide consistent results. 80% of over 3,000 reviews gave it either 4 or 5 stars.

Are you sure you mixed it properly for each application? Were you spraying different weeds each time? Did it rain shortly after an application? Were the weeds actively growing? Did you add a dye to see where you sprayed?

Cam15 likes this.
  7. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

i agree with the guys above but on the other side, 2oz seems a little light how long do you spay weeds if your not killing those weeds you need to learn to calibrate your sprayer

8. hal

hal LawnSite Silver Member
    from Georgia

Also you have to look at shelf life, how long has it been sitting before you get it. If you are a home owner, add a little weed be gone to it and a dash of dish soap.

icemanrrc likes this.
  9. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

Hard water will make round up products almost ineffective.

Cam15, phasthound and hort101 like this.
  10. iand

iand LawnSite Bronze Member

too hot or too cold can also effect the results also some weeds are resistant/immune to glyphosate