Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
years ago when i first started planting, mulching, i was a firm believer that weed barrier should be used under mulch. the people here told me no way, no how, never. what i noticed: the work we did, where a barrier was used, after a few months, you could see the plants deteriorating, just looking sickly, thinning, they lived, but looked terrible. the work we did with the barrier, looked good years after. the mulch breaks down, turns to dirt, then u have a layer of dirt, then the barrier which is now clogged and nothing can pass through it. water and air cannot get through, the plants health deteriorates. i believe this to be true, but i been wrong before.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
dude, i use a nice 4 inches of mulch the first time, then replenish with 1-2" annually. weeds are minimal, and the few that do grow, only grow in the mulch, they don't come from the soil below. i spray them with roundup. now there's nothing wrong with taking advice from me, you could learn alot from a dummy. back in the day, i grew pot plants so big, they looked like small maple trees.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.