1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

weed spraying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mowingsuperman, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mowingsuperman

mowingsuperman LawnSite Member

Do i need a licence to spray this type of weed killer on a lawn? Ortho Weed B Gon MAX Plus Crabgrass Control Weed Killer for Lawns

2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

oh boy, here we go...

The answer is yes.

zlandman and Burnie like this.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If the lawn is not on your property. (Unless you are renting the land from someone.)
    Actually, it is Federal EPA law enforced by the states.
    A result of abuses and incompetent workers applying dangerous pesticides in the 50s and 60s.

Burnie likes this.
  4. mowingsuperman

mowingsuperman LawnSite Member

Where would I look into getting a licence for this?

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

Contact your local Extension Agent.

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Check the website of your state or state Department of Agriculture, DEQ, or department of business licenses. What state?

We all worked hard, took the test, got insurance as required--and got legal.
    We get upset when untrained people try to get into spraying. More so, if they undercut our prices, of course. I hope you understand.

Find a licensed person to do the work or hire a licensed person for your company.

In most states you can apply fertilizer and seed as you want--weed killers and insecticides are a different matter.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Burnie and phasthound like this.
  7. wjjones

wjjones LawnSite Senior Member

Chemical, and application licenses are through our ag extension office here.