1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

    How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

    Dismiss Notice

weed spraying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mowingsuperman, Oct 11, 2018.

  1. mowingsuperman

    mowingsuperman LawnSite Member
    Messages: 18

    Do i need a licence to spray this type of weed killer on a lawn? Ortho Weed B Gon MAX Plus Crabgrass Control Weed Killer for Lawns
  2. hackitdown

    hackitdown LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,070

    oh boy, here we go...

    The answer is yes.
    zlandman and Burnie like this.
  3. RigglePLC

    RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 16,967

    If the lawn is not on your property. (Unless you are renting the land from someone.)
    Actually, it is Federal EPA law enforced by the states.
    A result of abuses and incompetent workers applying dangerous pesticides in the 50s and 60s.
    Burnie likes this.
  4. OP

    mowingsuperman LawnSite Member
    Messages: 18

    Where would I look into getting a licence for this?
  5. phasthound

    phasthound LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,280

    Contact your local Extension Agent.
  6. RigglePLC

    RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 16,967

    Check the website of your state or state Department of Agriculture, DEQ, or department of business licenses. What state?

    We all worked hard, took the test, got insurance as required--and got legal.
    We get upset when untrained people try to get into spraying. More so, if they undercut our prices, of course. I hope you understand.

    Find a licensed person to do the work or hire a licensed person for your company.

    In most states you can apply fertilizer and seed as you want--weed killers and insecticides are a different matter.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Burnie and phasthound like this.
  7. wjjones

    wjjones LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 568

    Chemical, and application licenses are through our ag extension office here.

Share This Page