Weed wacker question...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TMGL&L, Jun 22, 2008.

  1. TMGL&L

    TMGL&L LawnSite Member
    Messages: 243

    I know this is a rookie question but what are the discs that I see on the end of some lawn pro's weed wackers. I guess they keep grass clippings from scattering into beds...?

    I know this is a vague description and all...The discs are about 14" in diameter or so and is mounted right on the head of the wacker.

    Is there anyone who can tell me what these things are, what they're for, and where to purchase them. Thanks
  2. born2farm

    born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,149

    I believe your talking about an Edgit. It is a guide that you put on your trimmer to edge alone walkways ect. Im kinda curious how they work.

    Heres a link http://www.edgit.com/
  3. TMGL&L

    TMGL&L LawnSite Member
    Messages: 243

    yup, thats it... I remember looking at those things last year. I forgot the name.

  4. TMGL&L

    TMGL&L LawnSite Member
    Messages: 243

    Anyone have reviews for the edgit? I plan to try one out on my one echo wacker. ( srm-261T )
  5. milkie62

    milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 834

    Its not a weed wacker.If it is you are not doing your job correctly if you have weeds.It is a grass trimmer. LOL
  6. ALC-GregH

    ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA
    Messages: 7,051

    It's a grass trimmer if your rich, or a weed wacker if your poor. :D
  7. bakerc8

    bakerc8 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 214

    buy a edger to put on the head of your weed waker its a blade and it edges why would you buy one of those things buy a edger atchment

Share This Page