1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

weed whip

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brinlee lawn, Apr 7, 2005.

1. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

:) Well I added another weed whip today. Stihl fs 85 I have not ever bought any stihl products before so I hope it works out. My helper seemed to like it he said it is lighter and felt to be better balanced than my shindys. I dont know it will be hard to beat the shindys in my opinion, but I will give it a fair shake. :cool2:

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Do they call it a "weed whip" in Ok? We call it a string trimmer here. Just kiddin, had to give u a hard time with that one.
    Thats a 2 stroke isnt it or is it 4. I am still using Shins, but I have a Honda 4 stroke that Im getting attached to.

3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah weed whip around here. Yes it is a two stroke, it is not the new 4 mix trimmer. Guess you like the 4 stroke, looked at a honda 4 stroke but it just seemed to heavy. :waving:

4. Lawn Masters LC

Lawn Masters LC LawnSite Member

FS 85's and 85R's is all we use. Have 8 of them and wouldn't trade them for the world. I think Shin may have just lost a customer. Good luck

Lawn Masters Lawncare, Inc.
    500k biz and growing