• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Weedeaters- Sthil: Echo: or Shindawa

kmeforou

LawnSite Member
Who makes the best and most dependable for the money. I do know the Shindawa is about 30.00 more than the Echo at our local dealer. I have always used Redmax, but all the dealers in this area are dropping this line because of distribution problems. I am tired of trying to find parts. I had a mechanic tell me the new Echos are as good as Shindawa. I would like to hear what you all have to say. Thank you.

Eric 1

LawnSite Bronze Member
When i was at the echo dealer last week hs was telling me that the echo engines are rated for 300 hrs by the epa while most are 100-150. I have never herd this but from the prices and because I liked him i will be buying a echo 260 power source and pb460 blower in the next month or so. I feel that this is the best bang for the buck. Good luck.

BW4486

LawnSite Member
SHINDIAWA..............................................................................................................................................................................................

josh84

LawnSite Member
I use echo for my blowers and edgers, but i do have one shindaiwa string trimmer. both have worked great for me, I think they are both great products, but i have to admit i am a little more fond to my shindaiwa

josh