• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

Weeding mulch beds.

c_renfrow524

LawnSite Member
What do you all charge for weeding mulch beds? This is a customer we put fresh mulch down for but didn't want weed barrier put under it. We kept up the weeds during the mowing season last year as it was only 2 months left in the season and barely anything had come through. Now it is the start of a new season and when I went out it is covered in weeds. I don't feel it should be part of our mowing price but not sure how to go about pricing just weed pulling if they mention it. We do not spray so weed killer is out of the question at the moment. Probably only a 20 minute pulling job but it will happen ever couple weeks I'm sure. Don't want to be a bad guy by saying told you so on the weed barrier haha.

OP
C

c_renfrow524

LawnSite Member
Thank you, we only pushed the weed barrier on that one because of the pressure that was already there and they did not want to chemically treat for weeds. We knew they would push through the mulch if we hadn't laid the barrier.

nclawnsrus

LawnSite Member
Weed it at your man hour rate and charge them to put down Snapshot (or preen). Our's is currently $85/hr so if it takes two guys 20 minutes I would charge 165 x.33 = $55. If you wan't to punish them for the dumb idea of not putting down a pre-emergant or weed barrier charge them $99 and educate them on how that was a bad idea. Mulch is literally ideal conditions for weed growth and will happen if you don't do anything about it. Now they will know saving a few dollars initially will cost them more in the long run. When we mulch we put down snapshot, then the barrier, mulch, then snapshot again.

Caledwen

LawnSite Senior Member
What is a good way to remove leaves from flower beds? I tend to rake up the large areas, but when the leaves get into the bases of bushes etc. is where I have problems. Any quick(er) ways of removing them?

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Weed control in flowerbeds isn't normally part of regular mowing unless it was agreed upon in the beginning agreement.

Personally I wouldn't pull weeds by hand, easier ways to make money. If you want to do it then figure out what your time is worth.

If you aren't interested in doing it I'd kindly tell them to find someone who is licensed to apply.