• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

Weeding mulch beds.

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
I know alot of people say weed barrier is a waste of money. A few years ago we installed some gardens at a large property, we did half the property with commercial grade weed barrier. Night and day difference. It doesn't work/make sense for all applications, but if it's a bed of perennials, I always try to push for weed barrier if we are maintaining.
Maybe makes a difference right away, but after they mulch decomposes say 5-10 years, that weed barrier will do literally nothing other than make it hard to pull weeds

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sell them on new weed barrier, every 5 years? So you'll have 4 layers of weed barrier after 20? You serious?

Chemical pre and chemical post if you can

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sorry didn't read the question- no it shouldn't be a part of your weekly regime unless your proposal/contact specifically says maintenance of landscape beds.

Don't do things for free, they will expect it otherwise

SilverPine

LawnSite Member
Yes of course. Maybe its different in the residential game, but commercial we do it all the time. 5 years would be on the lower end, closer to 10 years.
Also quite common for them to change the color of the mulch. It's not hard to remove what little mulch is left and replace the cloth.
We are in different markets and countries. Spraying isn't as big here, or at least with all the clients I have ever dealt with. All I'm trying to say is the barrier works, it's cheap and a good upsell for both the contractor and the client.

nclawnsrus

LawnSite Member
Yes of course. Maybe its different in the residential game, but commercial we do it all the time. 5 years would be on the lower end, closer to 10 years.
Also quite common for them to change the color of the mulch. It's not hard to remove what little mulch is left and replace the cloth.
We are in different markets and countries. Spraying isn't as big here, or at least with all the clients I have ever dealt with. All I'm trying to say is the barrier works, it's cheap and a good upsell for both the contractor and the client.
Especially when its installed correctly. Dry & tight.