1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

weeds in ditch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mykster, May 31, 2002.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer that wants the ditch that runs along the front of her house weeded with new rock put down. I was wondering if using a propane torch and, burning the weeds would do the job? I thought this might go quicker than pulling by hand since I'm not licensed to spray yet.

2. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

There is to many things that could go wrong with burning the weeds (FIRE) so I wouldn't even try to burn weeds in a ditch. There are other ways to kill weeds without spraying weed killer (rock salt,vinegar) just to name a few. You could even have her spray the weeds and you put the rock down.

3. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

Fire will not kill all your weeds. In my Illinois coubty we must acquire a county burning permit and file an EPA evironmental impact statement.

jim

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

sub the vegetation kill and put u rock in.
    customer pays all the money any way.
    thats one i havnt done ,but ive seen bad jobs and the rock has to be done right, or the whole place,looks bad.
    good luck