Weeds in St. Augustine/Centipede

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by RAlmaroad, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

so your saying you mix your own roundup ric?

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Normal

I see you are on the ball when it comes to replying to posts. Only took you 10 days to reply to this one.

Actually I do mix my own Roundup in a way. I use Aqua Master or a generic of Aqua Master and have to add a Aquatic surfactant. I do this because I use the same dedicated 12V 25 gallon spray tank for both ponds, turf kills and other weed kill jobs I get. There is a nice margin for weed kills in Industrial parks and storage yards. My 25 gallon tank and Small 300 ft hose reel Slips in and out nicely in my Ford Ranger that get 27 MPG. The tank also slips into the small boat I use also.

BTW Are you still remembering?? or are you going to use that common sense you talk about???

3. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

10 days is to long?

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Normal

Yes 10 ten days is to long. This will be my last post to this thread. You can try and pick on someone else. You appear to only want to hassle me, and I don't need your sh!t.

BTW I sure hope you find that common sense you can only remember. Because you sure haven't used any Common sense in this thread.

PS You may have the last word in this thread.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Obituary of the late Mr. Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth - records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets the worm; life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).
    His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6 -year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Car pool, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
    Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

His 3 stepbrothers survive him; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

6. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Any one want to turn ric into the authorities or should i?
    Read the label , if you apply aquatic herbicide in any method inconsistant with it's labeling, you are breaking a federal law. It's the first thing on the label.

The only person on this whole site that needs common sense is this *******. Or new trifoculs.

edited: no name calling, thanks. - - - jodi

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Harley-D

Nice Try. Maybe you should read the Label on the herbicide I am using or the Label on Rodeo. It is also labeled as a weed and Brush control on upland. The only difference in the Aquatic Glyphosate is the lack of Surfactant which I add an Aquatic surfactant. But since most of these yards are on canals I believe any chemical would leach into the water. Therefore I believe I am using the Aquatic Glyphosate as labelled in a drainage area if push comes to shove.

BTW I don't wear glasses and can see quite well.

8. Harley-D

Gotcha. I was reading the label on another diquat based aquatic. Still, Nice and convenient for you that the label on rodeo is so vague. Some of the other labels are a little more specific and if you're within 50 feet of a tributary that goes pretty much anywhere, you have to have permission or be licensed by the parks commission. (per the label on weedplex pro)
    And you can't mix less than 50 gals worth at a time. Some of the restrictions are stupid but it's still the law your breaking, even if you don't get caught.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Harley

I paid big time to get my Florida CPO, Went back to College at the same time my children went to college to get a degree to sit for the test. I am not about to mess up and lose what I worked so hard for. Too much time, money and sweat to just throw away.

10. Harley-D

We may not see eye to eye at times but i gotta back you 150% here. Too many people don't realize the risk their taking. It's too hard to get what we work for to take chances. Plus, i give you credit for going back to school with your kids. I can't imagine how hard that was. I tossed around the idea of going to get my MBA but money and time are at a minimum now so maybe later. And i don't have kids yet! Respect to ya.