• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Weirdest Thing You've Seen

BigJlittleC

LawnSite Fanatic
Used to mow at a salvation army in a not so nice part of town. Had an hourly rental hotel next door. Well the cops would do undercover stings catching John's. Was fun enjoyment while mowing. The cops would be busting one guy while the next pulls up.

Biggest thing that sucked mowing that place was all the garbage.
KIMG0208.JPG

OP
One-Man Lawn

One-Man Lawn

LawnSite Member
Used to mow at a salvation army in a not so nice part of town. Had an hourly rental hotel next door. Well the cops would do undercover stings catching John's. Was fun enjoyment while mowing. The cops would be busting one guy while the next pulls up.

Biggest thing that sucked mowing that place was all the garbage.
View attachment 411285
That sounds like fun entertainment. Anything serious ever happen?

Valk

LawnSite Gold Member
Found a dog pile composed of mostly Bic pen caps. Can't imagine the comfort level of passing that. Sorry, no pic.

ultimateanswer

LawnSite Member
Four years ago during door-knocking season I was out supervising my door-2-door guys and came up to a house to turn around and there was a very perturbed pitbull that took exception to me using his driveway to turn around. Now none of this would be out of the normal, however said pissed off pitbull was on the roof of the garage!
FB_IMG_1602080265198.jpg

I've also stumbled across client's cannabis grows, walked into backyards with owners naked in hot tubs/pools/sunbathing, the list could go on. Anytime you're performing a service at a customer's home, you're encountering them in their natural habitat. You're in their house, both literally and figuratively. Just gotta roll with it!

Last edited:

ultimateanswer

LawnSite Member
What's the weirdest thing you've seen on a job? Bonus for pictures.

I was on a job today and the person had a pool. At some point, some prior owner decided to fill it in with dirt and grass. Never heard of or seen it before.
Not only have I seen this, at my first green job we were contracted to do just what you posted. Its a ***** to do as you need to concrete in the plumbing to decommission the pool itself and then you start shoveling dirt till no more will fit. Took three days to get the job done. Never again....