1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Welding up some equipment racks

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by bshustack, Aug 16, 2012.

1. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Looks good but I have to ask why you put a foot and a strap to bolt it on the trailer. I would of just bolted it through both pieces of angle on the trailer. The wood will rot and you will have to keep an eye on it. I am a certified pipe welder and still hold my card as a pipe fitter and fab stuff up all the time.

2. bshustack

bshustack LawnSite Member

I have it bolted to the angle on the trailer and the wood right under the foot I have bedliner sprayed. I see your point but next year I was replacing the wood and will see by then hope to have a bigger trailer and better equipment.

3. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

No problem and your work looks good, keep playing around and rethink your design and you will refine it and you might start making them for others. Post a picture when you get it all pretty and painted up.

4. bshustack

I have to make up 2 more for one of the landscaper's that lives close to me that seen it already, I don't mind welding just don't want to do it for a living.

5. bshustack

Well finished up the rack and your right sealcoat should have went with what i was going to do the first time ...the rack works great but Now after looking at it better I'm just going to build the one I was going to do the first time like the green touch one.. I already have the rack sold if I really want to get rid of it so it's all good.Next I should be making up a lift gate ast.

524426_356069787805395_1467619420_n.jpg

424253_356071834471857_1917275875_n.jpg

6. bshustack

Started a new job today so now time to look for a better mower.

7. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

8. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely looks a whole lot better painted. I like it

9. JAX76CJ

JAX76CJ LawnSite Senior Member

... From the Guy w/ a '99 P/U, 12ft Trailer..... REALLY?

I Think it looks good, just "Dip It" or "Spray It" w/ "Plastic Dip" when you're done. Then you'll Look like "PRO-LAWN" when you pull up to your account, & will have saved $50.... Plus you'll Have the Satisfaction of having "MADE IT YOURSELF!"

I also recommend using 12" long Pieces of of "Coated" Cable Looped, Crimped, and Heat-shrinked, & attached to the pin. The ones that I make look like the "Green Touch Lanyards".... But they Look better than OEM, & last longer.