Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I have a 2008 Cubcadet TANK and I really like it. It will be my last ztr though. No more after this one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i have a 48inch tank with a bagger with 1000 hours. it has been a great mower but the bagger that i have sucks in the fall....no blower on it ..it was about 7000 out the door with bagger...
If your looking for a ZTR that doesn't suck at bagging, you should look into a Walker. They aren't cheap but will bag better than anything on the market.

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
I have yet to find a commercial bagging system for under $2700. The bagging system only costs more than a new mower for homeowners. You will not find a commercial mower for anywhere close to $2700.

10K for a commercial mower with a bagger is not a bad price, most decent mowers cost almost that without the bagger.
I paid just over 2500 for the kit for my TC. But yeah, it was priced OVER 2700, he just cut me a deal because of the trouble I originally had with a Cub Cadet which thank god I don't have now.:dizzy:

With that said, I couldn't be more happy with my TC and the collection system they use. Plus I like the sound when I hit the PTO and it spools up. :D

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
ha, the price is so high because they can get it. I do feel it's worth it's weight in gold when it comes to bagging. The impeller is made of 1/8 inch steel plate and the overall construction is very solid. It will blow clippings pretty far. I had the hose pop off (my lack of tightening the clamp enough) once and the grass was flying much farther then just a side discharge. The vacuum it gets with the ability to adjust the baffle on the Velocity deck, it bags leaves and other debris very well. Last time I used the bagger, I noticed a few leaves here and there no big deal. As I came up on a few leaves, one was 3-4 inches from the deck out of the cutting path and it sucked it right up! It put a smile on my face and the baffle was set for normal conditions. :) I can lower the baffle and it "should" have even better vacuum. :D
Bottom line, whatever you do, don't waste your money on a "non" power bagger, you'll regret it after the third or fourth time you have to dig the grass out of the tube when it clogs up!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ha, the price is so high because they can get it. I do feel it's worth it's weight in gold when it comes to bagging. The impeller is made of 1/8 inch steel plate and the overall construction is very solid. It will blow clippings pretty far. I had the hose pop off (my lack of tightening the clamp enough) once and the grass was flying much farther then just a side discharge. The vacuum it gets with the ability to adjust the baffle on the Velocity deck, it bags leaves and other debris very well. Last time I used the bagger, I noticed a few leaves here and there no big deal. As I came up on a few leaves, one was 3-4 inches from the deck out of the cutting path and it sucked it right up! It put a smile on my face and the baffle was set for normal conditions. :) I can lower the baffle and it "should" have even better vacuum. :D
Bottom line, whatever you do, don't waste your money on a "non" power bagger, you'll regret it after the third or fourth time you have to dig the grass out of the tube when it clogs up!
was that you that had problems with a tank ? and what is the velocity deck a scag? might have to look at one .that are a ferris 2000z

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
was that you that had problems with a tank ? and what is the velocity deck a scag? might have to look at one .that are a ferris 2000z

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.