Well here we go again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Koehn's Lawn Service, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Man I'm really getting sick and tired of this they talking rain wed and turning to snow 1 to 3 inches over night and freaking windy wed and thur so probably going to lose a couple 3 days man I've only worked 4 days in march and we usually get in at least a good 2 weeks of cleanups in march were running hard just want to get through April and get these cleanups done been a very interesting start to season nothing like starting out behind right off the bat sorry guys just needed to rant some thanks for the shoulder lol

hort101 likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Koehn's Lawn Service

O and I'm going to rant some more on top of everything else one of my red max trimmers rattling it is in cylinder so I think as far as trimmers I may get an echo I used to run then for years loved them than my dealer went to redmax but I like the thought of the 5 year warranty even commercial I have had great luck with my redmax but I like that warranty on echo

hort101 and Doc8406 like this.
  3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Dude
    I need bad weather just to catch up on sales and paperwork!
    Yesssss! Rain day!

4. OP
    OP
    Koehn's Lawn Service

Tp you need to move back to colorado lol

5. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

I have two guys out sick. They work together. And what is worse is one says he has the flu & the other says his doctor said he has Bronchitis. So if I encourage them to come back, does the guy with the flu catch Bronchitis & the guy with Bronchitis catch the flu.

I think when they are ready I'll send them to big mulch jobs separately & just get the mulch and dump it there. And let them do 10 yards each without contacting each other, or anyone else.

hort101 and RussellB like this.
  6. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

I got in a weeks work on my backhoe. I’ve only grossed about $400 mowing so far. The grass is really just now starting to green up. And now it’s rained hard the last 2 days putting my mulch job and backhoe job and other 2nd and 3rd backhoe jobs on hold and it’s supposed to rain all week. Hopefully I’ll at least get to mow a little this week since that’s the least ground sensitive work. My backhoe is parked at least a week probably longer.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

We had a 4 days of no rain and 70s. Got a lot of work done yesterday before it started flooding. Rain at least part of the day today. Sunny 80s Wednesday. Just keeps on raining on a regular basis. Everything is green and blooming. All this rain is making us look more like Ireland ie green:laugh:

hort101 and RussellB like this.
  8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, but isn't this normal weather for Colorado? April and May can be some of your heaviest snow months.

RussellB, Ridin' Green and Charles like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Koehn's Lawn Service

yes not usually may. May can be a wet month sometimes but yes we can see some of our biggest snows in march and april. It depends on who you look at I look at about 3 weather sources a couple are the same one saying not as much they are saying blizzard conditions I think around noon and could see anywhere from 2 to 4 or 6 to 10 inches. Crap if it snows im going to just get naked and go freaking lay out in the front yard. Makes me mad lol. I know you guys probably would like to see a video of that lol

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

rained here all weekend and monday. i was able to work today and the next two days look good but then rain again 3 days in a row...so only a 3 day work week is possible right now.