Well How'd I do?(winter grasshopper buy)

wiseguyslawn

LawnSite Senior Member
2004 725A 1073 hours. powerfold deck, vac system. Overall pretty clean mower. Paid $4500

grasshopper 1.JPG

grasshopper 2.JPG

grasshopper 3.JPG

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
With the vac system seems decent deal.
If there was no vac, price would have been way too high.

OP
wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn

LawnSite Senior Member
thanks, first time with a grasshopper guess we'll use it for a bit and see how we like it

Mowingman

LawnSite Fanatic
Actually, that is a good price. Grasshoppers really hold their value if they have been properly cared for. The kohler liquid-cooled engine is a good one. Grasshopper made very few machines with that engine because Kohler could not keep up with demand. That engine was only offered as an option for one year by Grasshopper. Then they gave up on Kohler for the LQ engines. Be sure you use the proper antifreeze in it. It should have the orange colored "extended life fluid in it, not the typical green fluid.
I was a Grasshopper dealer, and I wish we could have gotten more of those to sell. I bought one of the midmount models with the LQ Kohler for myself and loved it. I later sold it to a commercial cutter, and he is still on the original engine at about 3000 hours, I think.

Lawnut101

LawnSite Silver Member
I would say that looks like a pretty good deal. Doesn't look beat to crap. What was he asking? Did you get it from a dealer?