Well I am forced to work late again

soloscaperman

LawnSite Gold Member
Remember that lady that complains when I mow "early" and my mower is so loud that she has to talk in her bathroom oh yeah and complained about the $3 increase....... I do the house next door for Fall cleanups and them. Well before I do the neighbors the husband calls me and says don't do their house or ours until it's 11AM. So for the 2-3 days I have to wait to do a cleanup. The wife has never worked a day in her life and god forbid I work around 9-10ish. Well going to work now lol. Had to vent and see if there are any of you guys with the same problem.

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
Do they tell the trash service when to come? What about the city snow plow? I think I would tell them it either gets done as your schedule allows, or they can find someone else. Sounds like they need a neighborhood high school kid to mow for them, that way he won't be there till 3:45 haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Do they tell the trash service when to come? What about the city snow plow? I think I would tell them it either gets done as your schedule allows, or they can find someone else. Sounds like they need a neighborhood high school kid to mow for them, that way he won't be there till 3:45 haha.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree with all of this.

hammmerhead

LawnSite Senior Member
Remember that lady that complains when I mow "early" and my mower is so loud that she has to talk in her bathroom oh yeah and complained about the $3 increase....... I do the house next door for Fall cleanups and them. Well before I do the neighbors the husband calls me and says don't do their house or ours until it's 11AM. So for the 2-3 days I have to wait to do a cleanup. The wife has never worked a day in her life and god forbid I work around 9-10ish. Well going to work now lol. Had to vent and see if there are any of you guys with the same problem.

Tell them you have other obligations to attend to and the world does not revolve around their yard work. Trust me, you will feel so much better putting a self centered SOB in his place. If he gives you any smack simply say seek sevices elswhere. People like this dont make you or break you, they just tangle you up in their distorted events of life. THEN, go climb on your mower and get to work on the house next to them!

TriCityLawnCareLLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I wouldn't even put up with that kinda of junk. My customers and new customers know up front that i dictate my schedule. There are a couple of people who have some special requests that i don't mind honoring (such as coming on Friday b/c Mon-Thurs she has clients at her house). But other than special requests that i can handle people don't tell me when to or not to mow, i'm a professional service provider and I'll operate accordingly. Don't be afraid to kindly put your foot down!