Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3565 Posts

·
Registered
50,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread for the Pittsburgh and Western PA guys.

I see a lot of guys from the Pittsburgh area on this site. I've met a few in person and I've seen some trucks from other guys I haven't talked to.

Just wanted to get everybody together and BS.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
53,814 Posts
I'm Travis, I'm kinda spread out but I do work mostly in 15044. Anywhere from Gibsonia to Shaler to Shadyside, nothing in Wexford or Cranberry. Nice to meet you Mike.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
129 Posts
as of right now its looking pretty promising, first time stepping out after graduation will be a little different, especially with the fact i have way more time to do things now that football is over with. What about you?

·
Registered
50,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hard to say as of yet. I'm waiting to hear back on a night-shift warehouse job down in Leetsdale. If I get that job, I'll keep my business and try to grow it as much as I can because I'll have a lot more daylight to work with.

If I don't get that job, I'll probably end up with a job at MMC Land Management and sell my mower and get rid of my accounts because what I have right now isn't paying squat.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hopefully you get the job in Leetsdale then, because i know this is your passion. If you do end up at MMC though and look to sell your mower, let me know. We are looking for a walkbehind right now as it is.

·
Registered
50,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hopefully you get the job in Leetsdale then, because i know this is your passion. If you do end up at MMC though and look to sell your mower, let me know. We are looking for a walkbehind right now as it is.
Okay, I'll let you know then definitely. If I need it gone, I'm gonna want it to go fast and go to a good home.

·
Premium Member
53,814 Posts
Looking pretty good this year, I'd like to be at 30 clients at the end of 2011 so hopefully that pans out. I can think of 5 places that will be 10+ yards of mulch so that'll be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Northern suburbs here also. I should see some growth this year. I usually only take business through word of mouth, but this year I may do some spot advertising in a few neighborhoods. I was in Florida a couple of weeks and test drove some standers. Those dealers down there blow all of these dealers up here away. These dealers carried every model and size of whatever mower brand or brands they carried. I can't even find a Grandstand or a V Ride to test out up here. Also the salesman seemed to know alot more about the mowers they were selling. Oh well enough with the rant. Good to see someone start a thread like this.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Nice thread Tim:waving:

For those that don't know me already I'm Brad, work in the mckees rocks, robinson, bellevue area.

I usually wave to most landscapers, post pics of your trucks so I know who ya guys are lol All my pictures of my trucks and work are in my thread-check the link in my signature

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Hard to say as of yet. I'm waiting to hear back on a night-shift warehouse job down in Leetsdale. If I get that job, I'll keep my business and try to grow it as much as I can because I'll have a lot more daylight to work with.

If I don't get that job, I'll probably end up with a job at MMC Land Management and sell my mower and get rid of my accounts because what I have right now isn't paying squat.
From what I here MMC is a nice company. I see them around all the time especially plowing. they did all the cvs's and stuff. They got nice trucks and do a heck of alot of work across the city.

·
Registered
50,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From what I here MMC is a nice company. I see them around all the time especially plowing. they did all the cvs's and stuff. They got nice trucks and do a heck of alot of work across the city.
Oh okay, I wondered where they did all their work. They do a little up my way, but I figured they did work closer to the city because their shop is like 10 minutes from my house but I only see them at one or two accounts all year.

1 - 20 of 3565 Posts