Lawn Care Forum banner

Western PA Landscapers!

Tags
n'at!
492K views 4K replies 123 participants last post by  OakNut 
#1 ·
I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread for the Pittsburgh and Western PA guys.

I see a lot of guys from the Pittsburgh area on this site. I've met a few in person and I've seen some trucks from other guys I haven't talked to.

Just wanted to get everybody together and BS.

:waving:

#9 ·
Hard to say as of yet. I'm waiting to hear back on a night-shift warehouse job down in Leetsdale. If I get that job, I'll keep my business and try to grow it as much as I can because I'll have a lot more daylight to work with.

If I don't get that job, I'll probably end up with a job at MMC Land Management and sell my mower and get rid of my accounts because what I have right now isn't paying squat.

#11 ·
hopefully you get the job in Leetsdale then, because i know this is your passion. If you do end up at MMC though and look to sell your mower, let me know. We are looking for a walkbehind right now as it is.
Okay, I'll let you know then definitely. If I need it gone, I'm gonna want it to go fast and go to a good home.

#13 ·
Northern suburbs here also. I should see some growth this year. I usually only take business through word of mouth, but this year I may do some spot advertising in a few neighborhoods. I was in Florida a couple of weeks and test drove some standers. Those dealers down there blow all of these dealers up here away. These dealers carried every model and size of whatever mower brand or brands they carried. I can't even find a Grandstand or a V Ride to test out up here. Also the salesman seemed to know alot more about the mowers they were selling. Oh well enough with the rant. Good to see someone start a thread like this.

#14 ·
Nice thread Tim:waving:

For those that don't know me already I'm Brad, work in the mckees rocks, robinson, bellevue area.

I usually wave to most landscapers, post pics of your trucks so I know who ya guys are lol All my pictures of my trucks and work are in my thread-check the link in my signature

#16 ·
Hard to say as of yet. I'm waiting to hear back on a night-shift warehouse job down in Leetsdale. If I get that job, I'll keep my business and try to grow it as much as I can because I'll have a lot more daylight to work with.

If I don't get that job, I'll probably end up with a job at MMC Land Management and sell my mower and get rid of my accounts because what I have right now isn't paying squat.
From what I here MMC is a nice company. I see them around all the time especially plowing. they did all the cvs's and stuff. They got nice trucks and do a heck of alot of work across the city.

#17 ·
From what I here MMC is a nice company. I see them around all the time especially plowing. they did all the cvs's and stuff. They got nice trucks and do a heck of alot of work across the city.
Oh okay, I wondered where they did all their work. They do a little up my way, but I figured they did work closer to the city because their shop is like 10 minutes from my house but I only see them at one or two accounts all year.

#21 ·
Oh okay, I wondered where they did all their work. They do a little up my way, but I figured they did work closer to the city because their shop is like 10 minutes from my house but I only see them at one or two accounts all year.
They actually have multiple locations I believe. They used to rent a bay off a tree company in mcandless who rented off my uncle. They had like 4 trucks there. They still might even have them there not sure.
I have seen them a couple times in the summer and alot in the winter, all over. Like I said I usually catch them at CVS's either plowing or mowing. Check out their site if you havent, they are local and family owned
They're all white with small black or dark blue lettering.

They've got a mix of Super Dutys and Chevys.

I probably sound like a stalker :laugh::laugh:
Nope I knew that too I always look at other companys trucks. The got alotta nice ones and like you said a mix from regular cabs extended cabs crew cabs . they are all white and have MMC on the doors I believe in a square box with a tree next too it

#22 ·
JML is always looking for people. I think they even opened up a smaller branch over in Cranberry. There are located on RT. 910 a few miles east of RT.8. They mow some commercial accounts up this way.

#23 ·
They actually have multiple locations I believe. They used to rent a bay off a tree company in mcandless who rented off my uncle. They had like 4 trucks there. They still might even have them there not sure.
I have seen them a couple times in the summer and alot in the winter, all over. Like I said I usually catch them at CVS's either plowing or mowing. Check out their site if you havent, they are local and family owned

Nope I knew that too I always look at other companys trucks. The got alotta nice ones and like you said a mix from regular cabs extended cabs crew cabs . they are all white and have MMC on the doors I believe in a square box with a tree next too it
Maybe I'll have to invite them to join the site when I go for my interview next week.

I'll either be guaranteed a job or have a restraining order issued against me :laugh::laugh:

#24 ·
JML is always looking for people. I think they even opened up a smaller branch over in Cranberry. There are located on RT. 910 a few miles east of RT.8. They mow some commercial accounts up this way.
Yeah, they're like ants...all over the place!! :laugh::laugh:

#26 ·
I am Jeff by the way. JML is a pretty big outfit. You can see there shop and all of their trucks from the turnpike between the Harmar and Butler exit. Hey Deere, how does that Wright Stander do on the hills? I am considering the Scag V Ride. I liked the look of the Wright, but no dealers close by since Allegheny Golf in Cranberry closed. I love my Ferris WB but it is time for a change and a ZT simply would not work for most of my yards.