Lawn Care Forum banner
3521 - 3540 of 3565 Posts

·
Premium Member
53,830 Posts
Oak nut you ever have trouble with your Toro personal pace self propelled loosing self propelled power going up a steep incline. Thinking belt is slipping

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Oak nut you ever have trouble with your Toro personal pace self propelled loosing self propelled power going up a steep incline. Thinking belt is slipping
Sometimes you need to adjust the traction control cable.
Loosen nut a little at the top. Push the metal cable shielding forward a bit, then tighten it and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
53,830 Posts
Sometimes you need to adjust the traction control cable.
Loosen nut a little at the top. Push the metal cable shielding forward a bit, then tighten it and see if that helps.
Went to Dads house today an looked at mower. Wow that was an easy fix, Thanks Mr. Nuts.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Six hours of nice mowing today a Nut?
I spent my day getting a battery for the 36" Ferris (key start only), getting it out of the garage, and looked over.
I don't schedule mowing on Tuesdays, so I'll just do my Monday cuts tomorrow.

I gotta drop off the Ferris to have it looked at. Haven't used it in one or two seasons now - I'm shocked that it even started up! Last time I used it, it started making a noise that sounded like someone running a circular saw through a piece of lumber and I shut it down immediately.
My uneducated guess is a spindle went bad. Not really sure, but it has to do with when the blades are engaged because it starts, runs, and operates normally with the blades off.

Once I get it running properly, I'm going to fabricate an OCDC for it, and modify, or possibly remove the mulch kit entirely.

The Timemasters have filled in for it pretty well, but I have a few jobs I'd really rather use the 36 on.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Look what I had out and mowing my back yard when I got home.

I have NO idea what's going on. I cautiously engaged the blades and... they spun normally, so I cut my lawn to see if anything bad happened.

Weird. Not sure what caused the high pitched squeal the last time I ran it.
I assumed a spindle had seized up.

I DID grease all fittings the other day, so I dunno if doing that helped, or not.
I have always greased it pretty regularly, so I'm not sure if my theory of a "seized" spindle makes sense.

Can't believe it's just been sitting here all this time. I thought it was Toast and was looking at hundreds of dollars to fix it. I just used the 30" in it's place.

Time to cram 3 mowers onto the trailer again!

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Hey Bumpmaster, that Toro you adjusted the traction cable on, does it have the blue Traction Assist Handle?

I think Toro introduced it when the 30" Timamaster came out, but has since started putting it on some other mowers.
My newer SR4 mowers have the holes in the handle for mounting it, but did not come with it. I added it to one of them, and have to order another for my backup mower.
I thought it was a gimmick when I first saw them, but it works well - I can "drive" the mower with my fingertips, by "squeezing" that handle to operate the Personal Pace vs "pushing" against the handle as I walk.

Anyway, if it's your dad's mower, and the holes are already in the handle, consider adding it to make it easier for him to mow.

3521 - 3540 of 3565 Posts