1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I put an ad on CL to see if anyone would allow me to dump privately for a smaller fee than I pay at the Reserve landfill. We'll see if I get any bites, definitely like to get some sites in different areas just in case.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I worked a deal with a lady close to me but she has a fence so everything gets tosed over, I usually just take grass leaves and small brush there I found another place to dump brush and I think I might have a place to dump dirt this summer though its 25minutes away which will be a killer especially when hauling heavy loads

3. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've gone there once or twice but I dump out at my uncle's house in Bulter. It is kind of a drive but its free. I saw that millvale library was trying to get a compost thing going. Saw it on craigslist and I think they wanted grass and stuff for free? might want to check it out!

4. normower

normower LawnSite Member
    from pa

Diamond Mulch on 910 has yearly passes for sale I think. I am 15101 landscaper, but am a sophomore in high school just working in my neighborhood.

5. Pressedun

I'll have to look into that, I use that place cause its kinda close to a few places of mine but it's $25 a load. I'd rather pay like $50 a month or something, I do pass my disposal cost off to my customers anyway. Just like to find a better rate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Figured I'd give this thread a bump; how's everybody doing?

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Its snowing TIM!?!?! lol I was out cutting back grasses today and it started I wanted to do another small one but didnt get it done what you think is going to happen tonight?

8. Pressedun

I know man, what gives? Hopefully it doesn't amount to anything, got all my salt/snow equipment tucked in the back of my garage.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I was hoping to start mowing next week, that obviously is not going to happen. I started last year the first week in April. Tim, I seen an MMC truck the other day in Gibsonia. If this lousy weather keeps up, expect alot of calls later in April for new business. I have got a few calls for a couple of bids so far, alot less than normal, being April is almost here.

10. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

too early to mow.