• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Western PA Landscapers!

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Of course it folds down.
My Stihl is 73" long (6 foot 1")
My DeWalt cordless is 78" long (6 foot 6")

I forgot to measure it while I was looking at them, but the specs on paper say it's 70" in length in the cargo area.
May be able to place it diagonally... I dunno. I'll figure something out.
Maybe moving the passenger seat as far forward as possible will give you the few extra inches you need.

OakNut

LawnSite Platinum Member
I haven't loaded up the 36" Ferris (because it has a bad spindle and not being used), but I suspect the Trailblazer won't be phased by it.
This thing pulls that little trailer around like it's not even back there.
I figured it would do OK seeing as it has a tow rating of 5,200 lbs-6,200 lbs depending on which of 3 axle ratios it has. (I need to verify which it is)

That 4.2 (291 hp) inline 6 cylinder runs pretty good. I can accelerate much faster while towing with this than I can when I have used our 3.5 (200 hp) Hyundai Santa Fe.

SO much nicer ride than my truck. And a SUNROOF too!
I could get used to this. LOL!
Honestly, once I get trimmer racks for my trailer, I'm not seeing a reason a vehicle like this couldn't be used all the time for my purposes.
I went into this thinking it would be temporary until I can save up more money for another pickup truck, but really, I'm not sure I even need a truck.

OakNut

LawnSite Platinum Member
Maybe moving the passenger seat as far forward as possible will give you the few extra inches you need.
Oh yeah! Back to the trimmer...

It will fit diagonally, but wastes a lot of space that way.
I'm just going to get trimmer racks for the trailer and deal with it like everyone else does.

The backpack blower tube extends most of the way forward, but fits fine.
I'm slowly adding more of my stuff to carry in the back.

I don't think I'm going to do this yet since the season will be over shortly, but come spring, I may remove the rear seat completely, and fabricate a plywood floor to give me a full, FLAT floor.
The seats don't fold completely flat and that isn't ideal because things placed in the front area end up sliding backwards.

It's not perfect, but it's workable.

OakNut

LawnSite Platinum Member
Here's something you guys can point and laugh at.
Ghetto FLOOR RACK!

Since the trimmer doesn't really fit in the SUV and I don't have a trimmer rack on the trailer yet, this was my creative solution!

Putting the bucket over the end of the trimmer and laying it on the trailer floor keeps the trimmer from flipping over and rolling around!
I place the trimmer head into the front corner of the trailer and lay it diagonally, with the bucket resting against the front of a mower, holding it in place.

It hasn't flipped over, or moved out of place yet - and the roads here SUCK.

OakNut

LawnSite Platinum Member
Cleanest '06 Trailblazer you've seen towing a trailer with mowers all week!

Possibly the ONLY trailblazer you've seen towing a trailer with mowers - ever! :p

Put a coat of Mequiar's liquid hybrid Ceramic wax on it yesterday.
Not looking too bad for 14 years old.

OakNut

LawnSite Platinum Member
LOL! I love it!
You do what you gotta do.

I'm still adjusting to the lack of space compared to an extended cab pickup truck, but otherwise, I'm enjoying the smoother ride, quiet exhaust, better gas mileage, sunroof, easier backing up/no blind spots...

Heck, if this thing works out well enough, I may not even go back to a pickup.
Time will tell.

I'll work on a design over the winter and get some lettering for the back glass for spring time.