1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wet Grass

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jcmcelroy, May 12, 2004.

1. jcmcelroy

jcmcelroy LawnSite Member
    from Pac NW

I am a homeowner and mow 1.25 acre lawn. I live in the Seattle area and the ground is almost always wet. I have a Snapper 33" rear eng. rider. The mower has tremendous vacuum but is unable to push the grass back to the bags; even in a the a.m. with dew on the ground. Side discharge causes clumps and mulching is a lesson in futility. I should have bought a commercial zero turn; but....Live and learn. The wet grass and dew are facts of life here in the PacNW if I waited for dry grass I wouldn't get my grass cut. How well does the Hustler perform in these conditions? I am selling the Snapper and will be in the market. I cut the grass 2-3 times/week and have a chain striper on the Snapper. I am worried about the non commercial Fastrac and the amount of mowing I do. Any help would be great. Thanks.