What’s the best walk behind bigger than 21”

Garrett1234

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi y’all.
I have a ztr for my larger areas.
I need a walk behind for bagging to replace my 21” Honda walk behind. Giving the Honda to my family.
Is there a holy grail for larger than 21” walk behind with bagger?
Not a hydro with bagging unit, not wanting to go that deep into a walk behind.
But a basic bigger walk behind. I keep reading horrible stories on the turf master?
Just want something that covers more space fast that is still a walk behind bagger.
Not very savvy in the walk behind realm and would appreciate anyone’s input.
Thank you
G

OP
G

Garrett1234

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks Big. Beyond these two is it basically gear or hydro side discharge.
Ybravo good on slopes?
Thanks again

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
There’s no perfect mower that does bagging , slopes, is cheap, never needs repairs and walks on ceilings.

you are trying to bag and be cheap about it, you get what you pay for.
In our profession anything less than $3600 new is going to be a hassle to use and require more labor and tinkering than most guys want to do in order to get the job done.

OP
G

Garrett1234

LawnSite Senior Member
Tpen
Usually i agree with what ya say
But....
I’m not cheap. Not trying to be cheap.....it’s the opposite of what I am. It’s the opposite of anything I’ve ever done. Now...saying I don’t want to get into a hydro walk behind isn’t cheap. It means i don’t want to be into that category of mower. I did not limit price point for a walk behind. There’s different levels and I’m trying to find the best one in a specific category.
Do you have suggestions for anything along those lines. Don’t give two craps about never needing repairs or going on ceilings.
Asking for some actual suggestions / guidance.
I’m pretty sure big c and many others on this site would be insulted when you say their equipment isn’t commercial because it didn’t cost 3500 bucks or more. Care to participate in helping me? If not. Silence is golden!

BigJlittleC

Banned
In our profession anything less than $3600 new is going to be a hassle to use and require more labor and tinkering than most guys want to do in order to get the job done.
Guess I never seen a push style mower in this size cost in the 3k range. Maybe if your looking at 32inch + walk behind. But in the push style walk behinds all machines are sub 3k.

Guy said he wants something bigger then a 21 but not a large walk behind. I gave he his best options as this segment of the mower market does not have many to choose from.

OP
G

Garrett1234

LawnSite Senior Member
My point exactly big c! Well said! I have big Commercial equipment but that’s not what I need for this particular task. You replied exactly to the question I asked and I appreciate it.
And I don’t think it takes 3+ thousand to be into commercial equipment or that determines if your being “cheap”. It takes different equipment to handle different tasks for sure

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
Maybe a 32 or 36 walk behind belt driven?
Can get a side catcher