What a difference

FitzRightYardServices

LawnSite Senior Member
I was reading my Exmark booklet and came across a little tidbit that I was aware of but never thought about doing. I adjusted my blade height underneath the mower deck.

From day one cutting to low was always on my mind thankfully, I have only scalped 2 lawns since using the mower. I really wish that I had down the adjustment earlier it makes a big difference in the cut quality. I might adjust another spacer next week to see what happens who knows.

Example picture: This is 2 different properties months apart, I did not have a picture of the property below to compare to.
2D4298CC-D4FC-41F2-8E20-CCE1A2D0D80C.jpeg

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
I was reading my Exmark booklet and came across a little tidbit that I was aware of but never thought about doing. I adjusted my blade height underneath the mower deck.

From day one cutting to low was always on my mind thankfully, I have only scalped 2 lawns since using the mower. I really wish that I had down the adjustment earlier it makes a big difference in the cut quality. I might adjust another spacer next week to see what happens who knows.

Example picture: This is 2 different properties months apart, I did not have a picture of the property below to compare to.
View attachment 451785
I never tried adjusting the back wheel on the Vikings to raise or lower the height. It seemed like a lot of work. I use 2 or 3 depending on the time of year. Fortunately the Rider, Turf Tracers and Standers can have their height adjusted easily by raising the deck with the lever.

OP
FitzRightYardServices

FitzRightYardServices

LawnSite Senior Member
The more spacers under the deck, the better the airflow. I always found 3 spacers to leave the best results with my exmark fixed deck.
3 spacers is by far the best way to go, I tried today and I like the look of it. I will keep 3 spacers for the rest of the week and see what happens.

Attachments

• 7722837E-415E-469C-A47B-149F7AA717A8.jpeg
    7722837E-415E-469C-A47B-149F7AA717A8.jpeg
    582.8 KB · Views: 64
OP
FitzRightYardServices

FitzRightYardServices

LawnSite Senior Member
Another before and after shot. I’m just amazed at how such an easy adjustment can make a difference.

Attachments

• 636A1D2C-374B-4877-B458-21F46A1D7B28.jpeg
    636A1D2C-374B-4877-B458-21F46A1D7B28.jpeg
    506.7 KB · Views: 51

Top Forums