Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QUOTE]Originally posted by ULTIMATE LAWN
It's almost a fatal Attraction with some, which is why I prefer to post as much disinformation, & non-information on Matters that are Not Green Industry Related. [/QUOTE]

Boy, what a swell attitude. :dizzy: At least now "I" know why UL's comments never made any sense. And he calls "Us" wackos..........

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
i'd love to see LS go to a pay-site style for the simple fact that some people have nothing better to do than to stir up crap

@ $60/yr that'd keep most moron's away (hard to have more than one billing address) yet still an affordable way to share, gain, discuss, compare and contrast industry related topics.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
BSdeality, it's easy just go rent a mailbox at a post office or have a friend do it for you.
Anyway yes I've always felt like I get all the info before the local cutters about things like OCDCs, striping info, double blades, etc. many things that make this site worthwhile, besides all the entertainment and comical relief! :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Um.. The day lawnsite goes pay site is the day cows fly!

Hey buddy, you think this site would be more productive if you made everyone pay 60 dollars to use it? Where would all the money go?

I come to LS to get a head start. I rather learn things off of LS then the hard way. LS is a great site but how many people do you think would fork over 60 bucks a year? I would go out of my way just to get info somewhere else then pay that price.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
mrbenfer, you can't justify spending $5/mo for your business?!

running a server/board takes bandwidth, time, effort and patience. the sponsor's cover or at least off-set that cost now. perhaps put that yearly fee towards raffles? or to upgrade the server (hardly ever have problems, but they do happen every now and then.)

i never said it'd be more productive, but it'd help sift out the garbage.

just my $.0195

·
Banned
403 Posts
id pay if i had to....but i don't want to:(

i wonder if it would be possible to assign a code of some sorts
with registration to LS that would identify a user even if they registered again under a new screen name.

that way once banned from here it would prevent them from reregistration.

something in a cookie or registry entry

i know its used in the games industry by the game manufacturer but there you have a cd to install and its part of the game files.

wish i knew a little more about programing

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
personally, i also choose not to give away information that may allow people to indentify me. u never know what kind of nutty people make take things the wrong way or take a joke seriously, and u never know what they may do. i would also like to add, i would have no problem paying to be on this site, its a wealth of information, and fun too

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Sorry dude

This thread is not necessary.

However the discussions about a "pay site" is worth while.

I would pay. Even double what was suggested.

To answer the question regarding being able to identify even if they had multiple screen names. Answer to that is YES.

As for providing personal information on the net. Not a good idea to do that. In fact don't do it!!

·
Banned
787 Posts
Originally posted by John Gamba
What Bsdeality Said.
What Johnny said!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Part of this site is a pay site.. ;)

I get a kick out of UL's posts....and especially LGF's comebacks!

Reminds me of the old Lawrence Stone vs. COS threads.
Only difference is neither of them ever used the ignore feature..LOLOLOL

·
Banned
787 Posts
Hiya Johnny!;)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
My view on the matter is that...YES! their are alot of losers who are on this site who just stir up controversy because they have wayyyyyy to much time on their hands and sit home and instead of asking an intelligent question, they would rather have an "e-brawl" Its unfortunate but those people just exist :rolleyes:

As far as the paysite is concerned...I am a beginner and truly value the pros of this site that know the biz inside and out because they are my motivation and will to succeed in this industry. I come to learn and to help where I know how to..not to brawl. I would like to not have to pay to learn but if it means keeping the losers out....so be it.

Thanks to all whom make this site great and help me so much :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.